5/15/11

I have followers on Tumblr!

I do! Two of them, both beautiful human beings. One is a sleep-walking dog. So I suppose that one is a beautiful canine. To you, I dedicate this prophetic vision of the future. (When it comes true, you can come up to me and say, "hey, you were that guy who dedicated the future to me, and I would like a million dollars." You can say it, but I probably won't have it to give to you.)

The lyrics of the song Row! Row! Row Your Boat! were officially changed in 3191 to reflect a more aware view of the world, because, it was argued, repeating over and over that life was only a dream had caused an entire generation to grow up believing that actions had no consequences, and that actions were meaningless. The lyrics were rewritten by the recently revived Walt Disney, who had been frozen in cryostasis over 1000 years earlier, and read currently “Row, row, row your boat, however-you-want down the stream! Verily, verily, verily, verily, life is what it seems!” Some versions of the song have taken into account the change in syllable count for “however-you-want,” creating a nice harmony when sung as a round.

No comments:

Post a Comment